VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Principal Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
RECSA VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The Regional Centre on Small Arms (RECSA) is an Intergovernmental organization composed of 15 Member States and established in the year 2005 to implement the Nairobi Protocol. RECSA is seeking to fill the following regional position to be based at its Secretariat offices in Nairobi in the Republic of Kenya. The appointment will be on a three (3) years renewable once subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds. The remuneration, terms and conditions of work for the position is negotiable.
Principal Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for the development of M&E strategies and policies, as well as communicating M&E results and findings to relevant stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Will be responsible for the planning, development, execution and evaluation of integrated Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) strategies in support of RECSA’s mandate.
2. Develop and implement Regional Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning strategies and Action Plans to facilitate effective implementation, monitoring and evaluation of RECSA programmes, projects and institutional performance in line with RECSA’s Mission.
3. Develop appropriate systems, tools and instruments for internal and external data collection, analysis and management to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Develop high qualitative and quantitative methodologies to enhance monitoring and evaluation of the Secretariat institutional performance.
5. Establish and manage an M&E reporting database across the institution’s departments and ensuring regular updates as well as dissemination of information within RECSA Secretariat, Member States and relevant partners.
6. Periodically brief the management on the effectiveness and efficiency of the Monitoring and Evaluation systems, processes and tools adopted by the Organisation.
7. Develop monitoring and evaluation action plans to effectively analyze and present project results to management.
8. Document and disseminate activities and accomplishments of different interventions in the form of reports and oral presentations.
9. Identify and analyze project successes and obstacles factors in order to meet objectives and in liaison with project management teams.
10. Participate in both internal and external reviews and evaluations and produce M&E periodic reports.
11. Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor or management of RECSA Secretariat.
Qualifications and Experience
a) A minimum of a Master’s degree in Project Planning and Management, Economics, development studies or Statistics with post graduate training in Monitoring and Evaluation.
b) Be familiar with the management and implementation of grant projects.
c) Practical and extensive work experience of at least seven (7) years in establishing and implementing M&E systems in the public sector and or international organisation.
d) Good communication and interpersonal skills.
e) Fluency in English is mandatory and the knowledge of arabic or French is an added advantage.
Only candidates from RECSA Member States who meet the qualifications should submit their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees and their contact details (e-mail, telephone numbers) to email@example.com, addressed to the following address on or before 26th December, 2021 close of business
Director of Administration and Finance
Regional Centre on Small Arms (RECSA)
Timau Plaza 7th Floor, Argwings Kodhek Road
P.O.BOX 7039-00200, Nairobi Kenya
Tel. +2549(020) 3877456/3876203/3876023
RECSA is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. More details can be found on RECSA website: www.recsasec.org.